Stompz is a wireless gaming controller developed specifically for Virtual Reality based gaming. It uses a 9 axis IMU to accurately track foot motion to simulate running , jumping , walking etc in the virtual world.
It simulates the USB keyboard to allow its usage across platforms without need of any special drivers. It comes with a built in rechargable battery and a proprietary 2.4Ghz based wireless protocol for allowing multiple players in a constrained space.
- High Performance and Accurate 9 Axis Motion Tracking
- USB based Charging and Firmware updates
- Desktop Application to allow full customization of sensitivity and behavior.
- 2.4Ghz Based wireless networking with FCC Certification
- I2C Based extensions for user level hardware
Hardware and Software Details :
- PIc32Mx ( 32 Bit Mips controller )
- MRF24J40 ( 2.4Hgz Transceiver )
- MPU9150 ( 9 axis IMU with SMP )
- C# Based desktop controller
- C Based code for controller